My Mother’s Salad – Zaub Xav Lav
This traditional salad is very simple for any American family to make. If you ever run out of salad dressing but still have lots of healthy greens sitting in your fridge then try my mother’s salad recipe. It’s a very zesty nutty salad and quite enjoyable. Don’t be afraid to use egg yolks in this salad as yolks are actually the more nutritious part of an egg.
Ingredients for 8 servings:
- 1 lettuce head
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup of minced dill
- 1 large hmong cucumber
- 4 boiled eggs with yolk
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- 2 TB of peanut butter
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
- 1-2 TB of salt
- 1 TB of MSG
- Broiled eggs on high heat. Whiel you wait for the eggs to cook, rinse lettuce head then cut into three equal parts discarding the stem. Place the lettuce on a couple of paper towels to let it dry for a several minutes before throwing them into a big mixing bowl.
- Rinse tomatoes, cut in wedges and throw them in the mixing bowl.
- Rinse and mince your dill. Peel cucumber and slice thin circles into the mixing bowl.
- Once eggs are cooked, peel them and cut them in wedges along with yolk and throw in mixing bowl.
- Add mayo into the mixing bowl. In a small bowl mix salt, lemon and peanut butter with a whisk or a spoon. Add this mixture into mixing bowl and mix thoroughly but carefully to not break or mush the lettuce. Taste, add more salt, msg and lemon if desire.