I love oven broiled fish stuffed with fresh herbs! It’s not just yummy but it’s really healthy. Lao and Thai people use more herbs and seasonings but i just love the simple way my parents make this fish dish. Some lemon grass, kaffir leaves, fresh mints are enough to give the fish a wonderful aromatic and tasty flavor!
Preparation: 10 minutes. Cooking: 15 minutes
Ingredients for 1 Fish:
- 1 Fish
- red pepper (S)
- 1/2 batch of mint, minced
- 1/4 batch of cilantro, minced
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1 lemongrass stalk,extra minced
- 6-8 kaffir leaves, extra minced
- 1 TB. of salt for fish rubbing
- optional: a small pinch of msg
- optional: olive oil to glaze your fish before cooking
1. scale your fish, rinse fish well. Rub salt onto your fish inside and out and cover the fish in a plate and saran wrap. let it marinate for 24 hours. Doing this will let the fish absorb the salt.
2. Mince all your greens in a mixing bowl. stuff the mix into the two fish, set your oven to 350 degrees and cook. each fish side takes about 8 min each or until lightly browned.
3. serve with steamy white rice.