This sweet dessert is served with ice cubes. Jackfruit and lychee together is the best combination for this mouth watering dessert that will make you keep coming back for more! As much as I enjoy ice cream, I’d prefer having this dessert over ice cream on a hot day any day.
Ingredients for a family of 8-10:
- 1 small size bag of tapioca pearls, soak in a bowl of water
- 2 cans of jackfruit, sliced thinly
- 2 cans of lychee, drained and set aside
- 1 can of grass jelly (found at asian store. optional)
- 4 cups of sugar
1. Soak tapioca pearls in a bowl of water, for at least 1 hour. Prepare a big pot and transfer the tapioca and water. Cook at medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Should take ~ 15 minutes or a way to figure out they are cooked is to taste a pearl and see if you can easily bite thru one completely. During this time , cube your grass jelly, start slicing your jackfruit and draining your lychee and set them together in a big bowl for later mixing.
2. Transfer tapioca pearls to a draining bowl. Rinse with cold water and drain then transfer them to the fruit bowl.
3. In a pot, pour coconut milk, heating it at medium heat. When starts to boil, add the sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Turn off heat.
4. Pour the juice into the big bowl. Finally, add lots of crushed ice (or cubed ice) into the bowl, stirring until the liquid has chilled completely.