During a time when I was trying to reduce my meat intake I created this yummy mushroom eggroll recipe. it actually tastes really delicious and best thing is it’s heathier and cooks really fast! every time i make it for the family, they seem to disappear faster than when i make regular eggrolls 😛 Try it, you won’t regret making this!
Ingredients for 30 eggrolls
- 1 bag of bean thread noodles (300 grams)
- dry shi’itake mushrooms sliced thin
- 3 eggs
- 4 TB of oyster sauce
- 1 TB of sesame oil
- 3 large garlic clove, minced (substitute: 1/2 tsp of hing)
- 1/2 batch of cilantro, minced
- 3 TB Knorr Chicken Flavor powder
- egg roll wrappers
- flour batter for sealing eggrolls: 3 TB of flour and 2 TB of water mix well in a small bowl set aside
- optional: sweet chilli sauce (the bottle can be found at asian markets)
1. Drown shiitake mushrooms in water for 30 minutes, then put them in a strainer and squeeze water out by pressing your hands against the mushrooms on the strainer. bring a pot of water to boil and pour dry noodles in, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. transfer the noodles into a strainer and run cold water to cool the noodles down. after, cut the noodles a several times to finger lengths then let drain for 5 minutes before tossing into mixing bowl.
2. toss everything except eggroll wrappers into a big mixing bowl and mix. taste, add salt IF needed.
3. vegetarian eggrolls are easier to roll so wrap about 1/2 cup worth of fillings into each eggroll wrapper and seal each tightly with flour batter.
3. when finishing up wrapping eggrolls, prepare a wok of oil for deep frying. put in high-medium heat for about 5-7 minutes then start frying eggrolls. take eggrolls out when light golden and set the cooked eggrolls in a bowl of papertowels.
4. optional: Though the eggrolls tastes great by itself, sweet chilli sauce can be used as a dipping sauce.