Ever had Tofu in chicken soup? It’s probably the best way to enjoy tofu so if you haven’t had it before don’t be hesitant because it’s easy and it tastes a whole lot better than it sounds! This traditional Hmong soup can be found cooked in various hmong gatherings such as weddings, parties, funerals, etc. It really is a heart warming soup so feel free to also mix in some steamed white rice into your soup as well.
Preparation: 5-7 minutes. Cooking:~15 minutes
Ingredients for a serving of 6
- 1 whole freshly killed chicken (or a regular chicken is ok)
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- water for boiling chicken
- ~1/4 cup of salt
- optional: 2 TB of Knorr chicken powder
- 1 pack of tofu, chopped in large cubes
1. Rinse your chicken and cut into several pieces. put them into a pot and fill it with water to cover just right above the chicken. Boil pot on high heat for about 10 minutes. Stir in salt and chicken powder. Add more salt if desire. Add the tofu in and stir occasionally for 5 minutes before turning the heat off
2. Serve individual plates with soup and rice. Enjoy!