Pork Laab is my favorite simple Laab salad. With just a few steps, you can quickly make this recipe for a family’s dinner.
Ingredients for 8 servings
- 2 IB of ground pork
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp of salt and msg
- 1 TB of black pepper or white pepper powder
- a batch of mint leaves, minced
- 1 ripe lime, juiced
- 1/4 of a batch of Cilantro
- 2-3 Tb of fish sauce
- 1/4 a batch of green onions, minced (or 1/4 tb of onion powder)
- 4-5 TB roasted rice powder
- optional: 1 lemongrass stalk, minced
- optional:1 bag of pork rines
1. Have a skillet ready, cook your minced garlic in oil for a few minutes or until aromatic. add the ground pork and mix then cover ith lid on medium high heat. cook for a few minutes or until meat is completely browned. transfer pork over to a drainer or a bowl of paper towels to let it drain. set it aside.
2. rinse and minced the mints, onions and cilantro and put them aside. in a mixing bowl, pour the ground pork in and add the powder, fish sauce, salt, msg, black pepper, fish sauce and lime juice and mix well. Taste first, adjust with more seasonings if desire. (if using pork rines: then add the pork rines and mix well where eventually the pork rines will absorb some of the juice.) finally, add the rest of the ingredients (the green herbs) and lightly mix a few times with your hands. traditionally served with rice, purple sticky rice. can be served with celery stalks, romaine lettuce.