Fried rice with bacon is a bit more of a modern asian recipe yet tastes just as good. when you don’t have Chinese sausage, try it with bacon strips!
Ingredients for 10 servings:
- 5 cups of steamed rice
- 1 pack of bacon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 fried rice seasoning package
- 2 TB of sriracha asian hot sauce
- 1/2 cup of oyster sauce
- 1/2 bag of frozen green peas & carrots
- 1/2 bag of chinese sausage, sliced thin
- 4-6 green onions, minced
- 4 scrambled eggs
1. Steam rice (make sure to not make it gooey), then set the rice aside in a big mixing bowl. let it cool for at least 2 hours before doing next step. during this time, mix 1 cup of brown sugar and 1 cup of water and marinate the bacon for these two hours.
2. In a mixing bowl Pour the fried rice seasoning, oyster sauce and sriracha hot sauce and mix well with rice and set aside.
3. in a wok with oil, first scramble eggs then set it aside once cooked. cut the bacon into 1 inch lengths and fry them until cooked and set them aside as well. Pour and clean out any remainings in the wok and now cook the frozen peas & carrots. cover with lid, for about 10-15 minutes or until thawed completely.
4. add the rice, and mix well in medium-low heat, making sure until the rice is heated back up again. mix occasionally and add more sriracha sauce (for spice) if needed. and finally add the scrambled eggs, bacon and minced green onions. mix a few more times turn off the stove and serve.