Fried Rice with Chinese sausage is a classic dish. Many Hmong people including myself love to add chili garlic sauce to the recipe for a more spicy garlic flavor. I preferably use sriracha hot sauce. adding this certain hot sauce takes fried rice to another whole level trust me on this!
Ingredients for 10 servings:
- 5 cups of steamed rice
- 2 fried rice seasoning package
- 2 TB of sriracha asian hot sauce
- 1/4 cup of oyster sauce
- 1/4 bag of frozen green peas & carrots
- 1/2 bag of chinese sausage, sliced thin
- 4-6 green onions, minced
- 4 scrambled eggs
- 3 TB of oil
1. Steam rice (make sure to not make it gooey), then set the rice aside in a big mixing bowl. let it cool for at least 2 hours before doing next step
2. Pour the seasoning, oyster sauce and sriracha hot sauce and mix well with rice and set aside.
3. in a wok with oil, first cook the frozen peas & carrots. cover with lid, for about 10-15 minutes or until thawed completely. afterwards, add the sliced asian sausages, and cover lid for 5 minutes. If desired, cook for another 5 minutes until the sausage has a bit of burns for more flavour and crunchyness, mixing occasionally.
4. add the rice, and mix well in medium-low heat, making sure until the rice is heated back up again. mix occasionally and add more sriracha and oyster sauce if needed. and finally add the scrambled eggs and minced green onions. mix a few more times then serve.