If you love fried rice and you also love curry like I do then this is the perfect recipe for you. This special recipe of mine is a fusion of both thus the name Chicken curry fried rice. It’s s aromatic, so delightful and rich in flavors it will surely put you in the good mood. *Make sure to make the 3 cups of rice and then turn off the plug to let the rice cool down at least a hour before starting this recipe.
Preparation: 10 minutes Cooking: 10 minutes
Ingredients for 6 servings
- 6 TB of oil
- 3 cups of raw rice to steam and then set aside.
- 1 large red tomato, diced
- 7 tsp. soy sauce
- 4 tsp. of fish sauce
- 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1 TB of green curry paste (or a favorite curry paste)
- 1 IB of chicken thigh, thinly slice
- juice of one lime (or about 1/4 cup of juice)
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 TB of sugar
- 4 eggs
- green onion, minced for garnish
1. cook your rice, make sure the water level hits the mark right below number 3. In other words, use a little less water than you usually do when you cook rice in a rice cooker. meanwhile, Thinly slice 4 chicken thighs and set aside. set the cooked rice in a big platter to let it cool.
2. Heat wok on high heat for a few minutes. Once it gets smoky, pour in the oil, sugar, the green curry paste and ½ cup coconut and mix. add and mix the meat in. Stir quickly for a few minutes or until chicken browns. Push the chicken to one side of the wok, and add the eggs and stir quickly for a couple minutes then set both aside on a plate together.
3. Now that the wok is empty, mix the soy sauce and fish sauce into the wok then add the diced tomatoes and let it sit for a few minutes until tomatoes melted. Add the last half of coconut juice and stir in the rice. Mix well.
4. Add the eggs and meat back into the wok and mix. garnish with green onions.