This is a traditional hmong pepper dipping sauce made with mushroom. This dipping is particularly good with ovened, grilled or bbq meat. Or as a vegetarian you can also eat this by itself with some steamed white rice it tastes great! You can either oven or broil mushroom in a pot to make this dipping but this recipe will ask you to boil.
Preparation: 5 min. Cooking: 15
- 10 mushrooms
- 1 red pepper
- ½ cup of minced cilantro
- 1 green onion, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- A pinch of msg
- Boil a pot of water. rinse mushrooms and slice them. Transfer mushrooms into the boiling pot for 10 minutes.
- Meawhile, rinse and minse your greens.
- In mortar, pound pepper, salt and msg together.
- Add mushrooms and pound thoroughly until mushrooms finally mushed up completely. This shoul take no more than 3-4 minutes. Taste, add more salt if desire.
- Lastly, add the minced onions, pound several more times to mix everything up again then serve.