No doubt Chicken tastes great with basil leaves. You may have tried chicken poppers before from certain asian restaurants. Now you can learn how to make it at home!
Ingredients for a family of 8-10
- 2-3 IB of chicken thighs, sliced to thin long finger sizes
- 2-3 Cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 Eggs
- 2 TB of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 TB of corn starch
- 4 Cups of oil for deep frying
- 2 TB of salt
- 2 TB of garlic powder
- a small batch of basil leaves
1. In a bowl, rub 1 TB salt onto the meat, then setting it aside for at least 2 hours.
2. Crack the eggs and mix with the meat and let it sit for a few minutes while you set another bowl. To make the batter in this next bowl, mix the flour, corn starch, garlic powder, black pepper, the rest of salt.
3. Heat the oil in a wok at medium-high. while waiting, start flouring the chicken pieces into your batter mix. should take about only 5 minutes to do this. set half of your meat into the wok, and deep fry for 10 minutes or until golden. Finish the rest of your meat in the same fashion. Remember to drain your chicken poppers on a paper towel. toss basil leaves into the finished chicken poppers. enjoy it with steamed rice or with ranch dressing as an appetizer!