I prefer eating this over KFC grilled chicken any day. This is a common dinner food for Hmong people because it is quick and easy and delicious. Serve this chicken with Hmong’s traditional tomato pepper sauce.
Preparation: 10 minutes. Cooking: 20 minutes.
Ingredients for 6 servings:
- 4 IB of chicken wings
- 1/2 TB salt
- 1/2 TB pure grounded black pepper
- Optional: 2 TB oyster sauce
Tomato pepper sauce:
- 2 medium red tomatoes
- ½ cup of cilantro, minced
- ¼ cup of green onions, minced
- 1 red pepper, minced
- Preheat oven 350 Broil. rinse the meat and mix salt and black pepper and oyster sauce. On a baking pan wrapped in aluminum foil, place your wings there and oven them around 10 minutes for each side or until browns. Poke a fork through the center of one wing, if it runs clear with no blood it is cooked.
- While you wait for the meat to cook, make the pepper sauce. Dice your tomatoes, mince your cilantro onion and pepper. In a mortar, add ½ tsp of salt and throw the pepper in. Pound until the pepper has mushed and mixed up with the salt. Add the tomatoes and pound gently, constantly mixing with a spoon as you pound. Taste, and add any more salt if needed. Add the cilantro and onions and pound a few more times before transferring to a bowl.
- Serve wings with tomato sauce on and steamed white rice. Enjoy!