A common and simple way of having dinner in a hmong family is having very succulent tasty pork with a wonderful spicy pepper dipping sauce and steamed white rice. Experience Hmong food at its simplest. Enjoy. (warning: very spicy pepper so only dip meat lightly on pepper sauce!)
Ingredients for 6 servings:
- 3 IB or pork shoulder, sliced into 4 equal parts
- 1 TB black coarse pepper
- ½ Tb of sea salt
Spicy pepper dipping sauce:
- 8-10 birdseye Chilli peppers
- 2 TB fish salt
- 1 tsp salt
1. Slice your pork. marinate it in salt and black pepper for at least 1 hour or even overnight. Oven broil pork at high heat or 400 degrees. In 12 minutes or until golden brown, flip to one side and broil for 10 more minutes or until light golden crispy.
2. While waiting for the meat to cook, prepare your pepper sauce. Pound pepper and salt together for a minute or until mushed together well. Add fish sauce and mix and transfer to a bowl.
3. Take pork out and slice into smaller bite size strips and serve on a platter with pepper sauce. Serve with white steamed rice.