Hmong people love Vietnamese sandwiches, so don’t be surprised if you ever see a hmong person ordering 10 sandwiches at once because they’re most likely buying it for the whole family! 🙂 My favorite is grilled bbq pork sandwich. It’s actually a very simple sandwich to make that anyone could enjoy. Instead of buying a sandwich for three bucks each, save some money by learning how to make delicious grilled bbq pork sandwich at home for the whole family.
- 5 French Baguettes
- A handful of cilantro sprigs
- 2 cups Daikon & pickled carrots (or carrots, julienne cut)
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 cucumber, cut into 5 long thin slices
Marinate overnight or for at least 2 hours but preferably overnight:
- 1 IB pork picnic or pork butt, thinly sliced (i.e. shredded w/knife at diagonal angle)
- 1/8 tsp. of black pepper
- 1 TB. of salt
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 2 TB of garlic
- 4 TB soy sauce
- 2 TB of sesame oil
- 2 TB of grounded sesame seeds
1. Grill or oven your marinated pork at 400 degrees for 5 minutes or until cooked. Take them out and set aside.
2. after the meat you then oven the baguettes for 5 minutes or until crisp, and take them out.
3. For each baquette, first spread a spoonful of mayonnaise, then add a handful of meat, 1 cucumber slice, 1/3 cup of picked daikon and carrots and then 2 sprigs of cilantro.