People have different ways of making Spring Rolls because like a pizza, it depends on what you like to put in. For me, I love mint, ground pork, cucumbers, a lot of lettuce, sprigs of cilantro and a small hint of a shredded thin piece of green onion. The dipping sauce provided below is also a favorite dipping sauce I hope that you will enjoy!
Ingredients for 25~30 springrolls
- Springroll wrappers (preferably the thai one with an elephant)
- a batch of rinsed mint
- 1 IB of minced pork
- 2 pickle cucumbers julienne cut
- 1 batch of romaine Lettuce, rinsed
- green onions (sliced in long diagonals)
- thin vermicelli noodle (or Bun noodle)
- ~1/2 TB salt and black pepper for pork or chicken
1. boil water. when water boils, add the vermicelli noodle for 6-8 minutes then rinse with cold water and drain it.
2. With a skillet fry a handful of ground pork. Add salt and pepper. when cooked, drain it on top of a paper towel and set aside.
3. get your veggies ready. use 1 full romain lettuce leaf. grab a small handful of noodle, use 1-2 strands of cilantro, 1 sliced green onion piece, 1-2 mint leaves, 2 cucumber slices, 2 TB of ground pork or chicken. Dip wrapper in hot water for a minute and until semi-soft take it out and wrap all in.
My wonderful dipping sauce:
- 1/2 cup of Hoisin sauce
- 1 TB of Asian red hot sauce (Rooster brand: Sriracha sauce)
- 2 TB of peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of water
MIX the ingredients, microwave for 1-3 minutes stir again until the peanut butter melts completely.